Fractional RF is our advanced skin treatment which achieves superior results for a range of aesthetic skin concerns.
The combination of Fractional RF and micro-needling involves direct energy into the layers of the skin. This micro-needle treatment will stimulate and re-energise the skin which promotes revival of tired and dull skin.
This Cosmetic Clinic treatment is versatile and can be tailored to effectively treat many aesthetic skin concerns on the face and body.
We can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin
- Stretch marks
- Acne scarring
- Unsightly blemishes
- Open pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- General redness and rosacea
- Poor skin tone & texture
Contact us now to book your FREE consultation!
- Pre and Post Care
- Treatment Info
We cannot treat you if you have:
- Sun exposure or used a sunbed within 2 weeks of your treatment.
- A history of abnormal skin healing or scarring.
- Had laser resurfacing in the last 3 months.
- Used skincare containing Retinol (topical Vitamin A) in the last 3 days.
- Have metal pins, plates or stints in the localised treatment area, or a pacemaker.
- Had a peel in the last 4 weeks.
You must advise your technician if you have ever used Isotretinoin products such as Roaccutaine or Gold Therapy.
The best results are obtained by 2 weeks of careful skin preparation using:
- Glycolic cleanser.
- Even Blend serum.
- SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Vitamin C.
- Retinol *up until 3 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid excess sun exposure, tanning, solariums and exercise for 48 hours.
- Use SPF 50+ sunscreen for at least 7 days.
- Gentle skincare routine including sunscreen (Institut Age Defence SPF50+) can be applied to the treated area the following day.
- Avoid using any active products containing AHA, Glycolics, Retinol for a minimum of 72 hours after Fractional RF.
- Use Institut Rejuvenate 15 morning and night for 1-2 weeks.
- If you have any adverse reactions or suffer pain please contact us immediately.
Fractional RF is used to tighten and firm facial contours which become lax and sag as you age. Skin becomes firmer around the jawline, chin and cheeks while lines around the eyes, mouth and forehead are reduced. The result is a more youthful appearance with greater skin elasticity and lift to the face.
Acne Scarring and Stretch Marks
The advanced combination of radio frequency and micro-needle technology effectively removes the scarred skin imperfections resulting from acne or stretch marks. As the skin is deeply stimulated, it is renewed to look healthier, firmer and more refined. This results in a more even skin texture with a visible reduction in scars.
The radio frequency is used to strengthen the skin redressing the underlying causes of redness and irritation; this results in dramatically improved skin tone and colour.
Application of RF energy targets the skin’s natural renewal processes, releasing and reviving new energy in the skin. This re-energized skin rapidly plumps and becomes strengthened, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This all results in younger, smoother looking skin.
Fractional RF creates micro channels that release oil build up and free your congested skin from this burden. Although some lasers can be used in the same way, we find that this combined treatment is less painful and readily tolerated. When the Radio Frequency energy is applied in combination with micro-needles we are also able to reduce the appearance of scarring, redness and irritation. This makes a noticeable difference to acne prone skin.
Fractional RF visibly treats open pores, by opening up new micro-channels in the skin allowing it to breath more easily. Pore size is significantly improved over 2-5 treatments.
Does the treatment hurt?
If you are concerned about discomfort, please talk to us before your procedure and we can make recommendations to make it more comfortable.
How long is recovery after treatment?
Fractional RF has little to no downtime. Slight redness and warmth to the skin may be experienced after treatment, and you may experience a little dryness for a few days post treatment.
How many treatments are required?
Depending on the condition we are treating and your individual skin health, 3 – 6 treatments are recommended.
How often is the treatment?
We treat the area every 4 weeks.
What areas can be treated?
We can treat most areas of the body.
Can multiple areas be treated?
As your safety and comfort are our highest priority, we limit treatment areas (to about the size of your face), and separate sequential treatments (for example to the neck) by at least 48 hours.